A Unique Approach to Deal Making
Our senior corporate, finance and M&A attorneys are subject matter experts from some of the world’s most renowned law firms. We combine creative problem solving, pragmatism and a deep understanding of the unique aspects of each transaction to help achieve game-changing outcomes for our traditional entrepreneur and social enterprise clients alike.
Our corporate team also regularly acts as outside general counsel for mid-sized funds, growth companies, portfolio companies and family offices.
Formation, Emerging & Growth
Many of us at RPCK are entrepreneurs ourselves, giving us a unique insight into the path from ‘idea to enterprise’ and an appreciation for the dynamics and decisions involved with starting, building and growing a business.continue
We have developed an expertise in alternative financing structures, blended finance and leveraging some of the most cutting-edge tools to help clients build and grow enterprises.
We also understand the nuance of impact and social enterprises and how that plays into a companies’ dynamic. Aligning how they live their values every day with how they interact with their employees, their impact and traditional investors, their customers, and how they approach the market and their competitors.
Mergers and Acquisitions
The RPCK team brings deep expertise in the full range of challenges and opportunities that M&A can present. Our M&A clients rely on us to guide them through a broad spectrum of corporate transactions including minority investments, joint ventures, strategic alliances control acquisitions, exit sales and restructurings.continue
We also recognize that traditional M&A transactions are not the only path to strategic corporate growth. We have deep experience acting on behalf of clients around the world advising on strategy and alternative structures such as distribution agreements, equity co-investments, strategic minority investments, licensing arrangements and joint ventures. In these types of matters our clients draw upon our creative approach to problem solving to unlock opportunities and actively manage risk.
- ATW Partners on the sale portfolio company to a NASDAQ listed strategic buyer
- Halen Brands on its acquisition of VROU
- Blue Haven Initiative on the acquisition of its portfolio company Spire Education by Shortlist
- Rationalwave in Sale to Bottomline Technologies
- Doral Bank on the sale of its Doral Healthcare Finance Division
- Ecommerce Accelerator in Sale to ICF International
- Voli Spirits in Sale to Voli Vodka
- SkinnyPop Popcorn in Sale to TA Associates
- That’s How We Roll in Sale to Clearlake Capital
- Private Equity Sponsor in Strategic Investment in Kennedy’s All-American Barber Club
- Rickland Orchards on Acquisition by B&G Foods
Our Employment and Executive Compensation practice group specializes in representing employers in domestic and international employment arrangements.continue
RPCK assists employers in standardizing procedures, developing policy manuals and counseling on a variety of employee incentive schemes. The practice has particular expertise in structuring executive and deferred compensation agreements in the financial services sector, and arbitrating compensation disputes.
We also routinely represent employees in a wide variety of employment disputes.
Our employment expertise includes:
- Offer Letters and Employment Agreements
- Offer Letters and Severance Agreements
- Non-competition, Non-solicitation and Confidentiality Agreements
- Incentive Compensation Agreements
- Compensation Disputes
We have experience advising on employment matters in the following industries:
- Finance (Banking, US and European Hedge Funds, Investment Advisors)
- Consumer Products
- Startup/Early Stage (Founders, Executives, Initial Employees & Contractors)
- Consulting, Law and Services Firms
We are familiar with common missteps in decisions regarding employees and management, corporate structuring, and corresponding compensation. We can take steps to protect our clients’ businesses from liability and risks, as well as fairly manage the legal structure of your company’s employees, management and their arrangements.
General Counsel Services
As outside general counsel we focus on both strategic guidance, with a deep knowledge of the nuances and challenges facing growth companies, and efficient execution of legal matters, with a focus on clearing away distractions and allowing the enterprise to grow. We have a deep knowledge of private company transactions and are experts in deal counsel.continue
Growth, mid-sized and portfolio companies have unique legal needs, ranging from complex deal structuring to assessing risk and resolving disputes to negotiating business agreements. We provide the key services of an expert General Counsel to companies who either do not have the need or the budget for a full-time staff of attorneys, but who recognize the unique value of having a dedicated GC.
We have significant experience acting as outside General Counsel to a number of emerging and growth companies, investment funds and established legal departments of Fortune 500 companies through our customized services.
We advise the management team in a variety of areas, including:
- Routine and “Everyday” Legal Matters
- Corporate Formation
- Equity and Debt Financing
- Re-organizations and Joint Ventures
- Employment Matters
- Vendor Contracts
- Trademarks and Trade Secret Protection
- Dispute Resolution
- Risk Management
- Sourcing and Managing Outside Counsel as Necessary
We work with clients across a broad range of industries:
- Business Services
- Consumer Products
- Energy & Clean Tech
- Fashion Industry
- Financial Services
- Food Service/Restaurants
- Healthcare Services
- Life Sciences
- Nutrition and Healthy Living
- Web Services